To begin installing and using Point Progress Connect, you will need to run the PPConnect.exe installer, found in the download zip file.
You will be presented with a welcome screen, and a link to read the licence terms. Clicking on the check box to agree to the terms will enable the install button.
Please note that the installer must be run via an administrator, you will need your IT assistance with this.
Once the installer has been successful, you will be asked if you would like to Launch or Close. Clicking on Launch will immediately run the Point Progress Connect application.
Once you have launched the application you are ready to set up the Point Progress Connect.
To do this click on the settings button in the top right-hand corner.
You will be presented with a Point Progress setting window. Here you will enter the following details.
- Your full URL of your MyExpensesOnline site. For example https://mycompanyname.myexpensesonline.co.uk.
- Your username/email address
- Your password
Once done, click on the Sage 50 tab, you will need to enter in the details to connect to your Sage 50 instance.
- If Point Progress Connect is installed on the same PC as the Sage 50 database, then you can leave the install path as C:\ProgramData\Sage\Accounts\2020.
- If Point Progress Connect is installed on a different PC, you will need to enter in the full Sage 50 shared network path. For this you will need to speak to your IT for assistance.
- Finally enter in the Sage 50 username and password.
Here is an example using a Sage 50 shared network path.
Once you have configured the Point Progress Connect application, you are ready to use the application. Clicking on start or run now, will begin posting the configuration to your MyExpensesOnline site.
- Clicking on Start will begin an automated polling to check for pending batches to process. The poll interval is set to 30 seconds by default. You can change the poll interval in Settings > Point Progress > Poll interval.
- Clicking on Run now will check for pending batches and will begin processing them. The process will end, until you next click Run now.